Genealogical Society of
P.O. Box 786
SPECIAL INTEREST GROUPS
Our society monthly meetings focus on a wide variety of general genealogical topics. Special Interest Groups are groups formed from society members that focus on specific topics of genealogical research interest.
The GSSB Special Interest Groups (SIGs), are smaller informal member work groups devoted to a single topic, that meet regularly and as needed. You'll find their meeting schedules below and in the EVENTS menu. Membership in one of the sponsored S.I.G.'s is a benefit of general membership in the GSSB. These groups provide the opportunity to meet and work with other genealogists in a small group setting in person or through other digital means on their special interest. Currently, SIG's are organized for the topics listed below, however, the society is open to starting new groups if there is sufficient member interest. Only on rare exceptions, members first need to be members of the GSSB since our special interest groups do not have separate membership dues. (click links below for additional information)
Special Interest Group (SIG) List:
(NOTE: ALL MEETINGS ARE CURRENTLY BY VIDEO CONFERENCE ON ZOOM.COM)
- French Canadian Genealogy SIG - Discuss & share your knowledge on French Canadians. Currently, FCHS meets virtually the third Monday of each month at 10:00 am. Sign up to be a member and receive a link to the meetings.
- Family History Writing SIG - Small work group on writing short family history stories, essays, biography, sketches, etc. Currently, we meet virtually the first Friday of each month at 10:00 am. Sign up to be a member and receive a link to the meetings.
- Mayflower Society SIG - Special interest group for working on topics and research related to the Mayflower Society lineage and membership applications. Currently, we meet virtually on the first Tuesday of the month at 2:00 pm. Sign up to be a member and receive a link to the meetings.
- British Isles SIG - Small work group on all things British Isles, research and sharing. Currently, we meet virtually the second Friday of each month at 3:00 pm. Sign up to be a member and receive a link to the meetings.
- DNA Research SIG - Newly formed special interest group for those interested in all things DNA, information sharing, how-to activities, and understanding genetic genealogy. Currently meeting virtually the first Thursday of each month at 2:00 pm. Sign up to be a member to receive a link.