Our society monthly meetings focus on a wide variety of general genealogical topics. Special Interest Groups are groups formed from society members that focus on specific topics of genealogical research interest.
The GSSB Special Interest Groups (SIGs), are smaller informal member work groups devoted to a single topic, that meet regularly and as needed. You'll find their meeting schedules below and in the EVENTS menu. Membership in one of the sponsored S.I.G.'s is a benefit of general membership in the GSSB. These groups provide the opportunity to meet and work with other genealogists in a small group setting in person or through other digital means on their special interest. Currently, SIG's are organized for the topics listed below, however, the society is open to starting new groups if there is sufficient member interest. Except in rare instances, individuals first need to be general members of the GSSB since our special interest groups do not have separate membership dues. (click links below for additional information)
SPECIAL INTEREST GROUP (S.I.G.) LIST:
(NOTE: MEETINGS HAVE RETURNED TO IN-PERSON, OR BY VIDEO CONFERENCE ON ZOOM.COM. GROUPS MAY ALSO BE USING A HYBRID MIX OF MEETING METHODS. CHECK HERE OR EMAIL FOR MORE INFORMATION)
- French Canadian Genealogy (FCHS) SIG - (Meets third Monday of each month at 10:00 am) Discuss and share your knowledge on French Canadians. Sign up to be a member and receive a link by email to attend the monthly meetings.
- Family History Writing SIG - (Meets first Friday of each month at 10:00 am) Small work group on writing short family history stories, essays, biography, sketches, etc. Sign up to be a member and receive an email link to the meetings. This group provides significant support to the GSSB Bulletin by publishing their family history narratives and sketches, and personal research knowledge and experiences.
- Mayflower Society SIG - (Meets first Tuesday of the month at 2:00 pm) Special interest group for working on topics and research related to the Mayflower Society lineage and membership applications. Sign up to be a member and receive a link to the meetings.
- British Isles SIG - (Meets second Friday of each month at 3:00 pm) Small work group on all things British Isles, including research and sharing opportunities. Sign up to be a member and receive a monthly email link to the meetings.
- DNA Research SIG - (Meets first Thursday of each month at 2:00 pm) Newly formed special interest group for those interested in all things DNA, information sharing, how-to activities, and understanding genetic genealogy. Sign up to be a member to receive a monthly email link to the Zoom meetings.